Christian Kerez's Lecture in Prague
06.03.2014, Law Faculty of Chrales University
A completely full lecture room.
- It is a bit strange to talk about projects that one already built, because a
finished house should speak for itself
- Space is the main thing in architecture. Architecture is a medium.
- (while showing his design for Tomio Okarmura) To create infinity, to use a
house as a medium to create endlessness you have two options:
* Open to the outside
* Repeat the inside
- (describing a building for three families) Everything that does not belong
in a building is outside: staircase, elevator, shafts.
- (on context) I come from the periphery around Zurich, and I can assure you
that there is no context … I would love to build in the centre of Prague
where I would have to care about the historical. I often hate the context
that I work in. An objection to context is contextual.
- (on sustainability) How much can you really contribute as an architect? I
think the only answer is to make the energy worth it.